Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Carpenter GT lures
November 13, 2010, 12:51:25 PM
As Kenji San has now released photos of some of the new lures, I can now provide some photos and descriptions of the lures.

The first is a lure that I was enormously impressed with. It's a new stickbait which he is calling at this stage, the Epsilon. That could be subject to change. This stickbait caught bloody everything. In fact, we had one session where for about three hours, Tak and I didn't raise a fish. On the other hand, Kenji San absolutely cleaned up but he caught fish on only one lure during the session - on the Epsilon.

The other new stickbait Kenji San was testing was the Bluefish 140. A number of you will be familiar with the current Bluefish which is a fair bit smaller. A great stickbait - he really caught a heap of fish with this lure. Tak did a good job of losing them!!  ;D

The new Sea Frog. No introduction needed! The prototypes were in 120g, 145g and 170g.

The Pandora. How do you work these? You cast them out and reel them in - literally!

The Kattobi 145 - a pencil made for tuna but a great GT pencil as well

New colours for the Gamma. Tak did a good job of losing these too!

The Sea Snake - not a new lure but one released in 1999! Kenji San could not believe I was using one!

Enough to make all of us envious - except this was literally only about 1/4 of his lures!

This is just to prove to Crusty that I did not spend my whole trip fishing Carpenter lures!!

If it swims; I want to catch it!

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: New Carpenter GT lures
November 13, 2010, 01:32:05 PM
Beautifull lures.

The Pandora would have worked very well at Elusive this year.

Those new colours in the gamma look extremely nice.

Pete

Sam Conacher

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 13, 2010, 01:49:33 PM
that is awesome.

thanks for that Brandon.

Tony Busscher

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 13, 2010, 05:08:09 PM
Thanks for sharing Brandon Will these lures be available any time soon .

Gareth Branicki

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 13, 2010, 09:54:09 PM
Brandon great pics  is any idear on the weight of the Epsilon or is it going to be a range of weight classes  . As for availbity for all these new lures I assume as per ususal damn hard  defiantly interested in the pandora  from a lbg perspective  Gt;s and the other fast retrieve species  any idear on the weight of those as well.

I have a bad feeling i will need another rod

Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:52:38 PM by Gareth Branicki

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 16, 2010, 04:57:30 PM
Gareth, the Epsilon looks about the 140g range but no idea what the production model will ultimately be. Like all Carpenter lures, I expect it will be murderously hard to get!

You'd be a brave man to use Pandoras for LBG - it wuold hurt like hell to get one of these snagged up on the bottom!
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
November 16, 2010, 05:59:15 PM
Thanks for this Brandon... I think I just pee'd a little looking at those pictures.... what is it about these lures that makes parts of me twitch that really shouldn't...

Thanks again for sharing Brandon, really fantastic for us neophytes to get a look in on all this amazing tackle and products... much appreciated....
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Gareth Branicki

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 18, 2010, 01:45:35 AM
thanks for the info brandon i will keep my eye out for when the epsilon released but weather i can get one will be interesting is the pandora a sinking stickbait as for lbg where i go rocks and snaggs arnet a problem just a few bommies that the fish try to wrapp you around lol

Aaron Concord

November 18, 2010, 10:23:57 PM

Quote from Andre van Wyk
Thanks for this Brandon... I think I just pee'd a little looking at those pictures.... what is it about these lures that makes parts of me twitch that really shouldn't...

Bwhwhwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

I thought that only happend to me Andre!

Aaron.

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 24, 2010, 01:44:00 AM
Argh!

I'm smacking my head against my screen Brandon. Why? Simply because I know that I absolutely must go out and blow a load on these lures now - and there's nothing I can do to stop it!
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 24, 2010, 01:51:56 AM
Argh!

I'm smacking my head against my screen Brandon. Why? Simply because I know that I absolutely must go out and blow a load on these lures now - and there's nothing I can do to stop it!

Good luck trying to get them!

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
November 24, 2010, 08:38:32 AM
The Pandora and Kattobi I would love for big kings off the rocks..As jay said,good luck getting hold of them...

Kiel Hinds

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 18, 2011, 12:52:43 AM
Has anyone been successful with the pandoras and kattobis? They have now been out for a while and disappear like a puddle on a sunny day when they are available.
So does anyone have any opinions on them? And forgive my ignorance but do you work the kattobi like a pencil popper or with more a sweeping motion of the rod?

Wan Izhan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 18, 2011, 01:59:43 AM
no luck finding carpenter lures  :(

but i learn how kenji-san rig his lures....crimped single strand mono (200lb?) to solid ring to splitring...no swivel.......
thanks brandon for the great pics

cheers
izhan

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
May 21, 2011, 10:40:22 AM
hey brandon ,

i am wondering what rod was used to work with the large gamma GT250  :o :o