April 05, 2011, 07:59:21 PM
Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:01:28 PM by jason jeffrey

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Exmouth Expedition
April 05, 2011, 08:03:05 PM
Excellent report Jason and thanks for sharing.

After 10 hours attached to a Marlin you had enough energy left to go GT fishing?!  That's very impressive.

Gary Prerost

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 05, 2011, 08:14:39 PM
MMM very impressive Im heading over later in winter thanks Jason great photos

Steven Kakonyi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 05, 2011, 08:24:19 PM
nice report,
The dorsal fin of sailfish never ceases to amaze me.

Neale Bird

April 05, 2011, 08:31:53 PM
Nice work Jason, one month to go and im there!! can't wait

mark kyriacou

April 05, 2011, 09:00:51 PM
thats awesome  that big blue would have been a sight thats for sure

Ben Furness

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 05, 2011, 09:46:03 PM
To say I was jealous would be a major understatement!

Leigh Freestone

April 05, 2011, 10:09:00 PM
Got 6 days booked with Peak sport fishing in May, cant wait!

Tim Richards

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 06, 2011, 09:28:43 AM
Great report mate, congrats on the big blue and looks like a great couple of days on the GT's.  I am heading to Coral bay in May and cannot wait, your post makes me even more anxious.

Cheers
Tim

Angus Hulme

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 06, 2011, 10:10:21 AM
Hi Jas,

As you know, I have been looking forward to this report, the pics confirm what a great time you guys had over there. Some sensational fishing and awesome photos! I admit my knowledge of billfish is very limited, but those marlin results sound very impressive. On the poppering side of things, geez...what a frenetic couple of days, the arms would be aching after all that?! What lures did the crew find were the most successful for the GTs? Looks like the Runboh-type lures featured more than once?

Anyway, great stuff mate, and thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Angus

PS. Your art prints are in the mail (posted Tues), along with Eddy's GT print :)

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 06, 2011, 02:17:13 PM
Great report Jason. The bass from that part of the world are the biggest and toughest I've ever come across  ;)

jason jeffrey

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
April 06, 2011, 02:42:05 PM
Great report Jason. The bass from that part of the world are the biggest and toughest I've ever come across  ;)
Thanks for the kind words lads!! From what we found Ningaloo holds some monster Bass we ended with four good Bass around or over the 10kg mark and got smoked by three other big Bass. They are tough and I was happy to be above %50 landed by the end of the trip :)

jason jeffrey

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
April 06, 2011, 03:08:26 PM
Hi Jas,

As you know, I have been looking forward to this report, the pics confirm what a great time you guys had over there. Some sensational fishing and awesome photos! I admit my knowledge of billfish is very limited, but those marlin results sound very impressive. On the poppering side of things, geez...what a frenetic couple of days, the arms would be aching after all that?! What lures did the crew find were the most successful for the GTs? Looks like the Runboh-type lures featured more than once?

Anyway, great stuff mate, and thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Angus

PS. Your art prints are in the mail (posted Tues), along with Eddy's GT print :)
Hey Angus,
I look forward to the mail and my new prints cheers mate.. I love the stickbaits over that way after talking with Eddy about it, stickbaits and smaller poppers seem  to be the go. On my next trip to Exmouth I will be taking half a dozen baby Runboh and some small cubera 80-100mm along with every other lure I can possible fit into my luggage as we all do on every trip we go on.

Cheers Jas

Dan Konig

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
April 06, 2011, 06:38:02 PM
Great post Jason.

Do you mind sharing what area you were in off Exmouth? Were you out around the islands?

I have 18 days to go till my trip and am getting pretty excited, but it is my first trip up north on my own boat so wont have the benefit of the knowledge of the charter skippers up there.

Will have 8 days to get into as many fish as possible!

marinco koj

April 06, 2011, 07:12:26 PM
Nice fish indeed, could be my next trip !