Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Trip 2011-Week 2
September 07, 2011, 02:20:56 PM
The starting line up for week 2 at Bugatti was, and hopefully I spell all names correct... :-\

Brandon Khoo,Chris Tan,Maverick Kho,Kerwin Low,Kasey Leong,Dominque Draux,Samuel Leonard Owen,Brendon Dolphin,
Samuel Lee,Paul Chan,Cai (Im not married yet)...... and myself.

This year I would rate as some of the toughest fishing I have ever had due to the weather.The weather gods really turned it on for us and there were three days where is blew 30-40 knots.Nomads wind meter was reaching 32 knots on the mothership and there were gusts well over this.With the wind was rain and regular drenchings onboard all boats and by about Thursday I actually found it quite a laugh.Fishing with Sam Owen we were simply saying 'arrghh give us more'as we cruised along get sprayed so bad,it was like someone had a hose on us.Sometimes you just gotta see the funny side of it.

Given the shocking weather conditions there were still some nice fish caught up to 32kg ish..?....along with plenty of Red Throat,Some Red Bass,Barracuda and Spanish Mackeral.Somedays we did it pretty tough and the guys in the dories really had to work hard.
In my eyes one of the most incredible fish landed was a 40kg Spanish Mackeral caught by Chris Tan.
Damon said he has weighed in 35kg Spaniards before and Chris's was every bit of 40kg and was the biggest he has seen.Awesome fish Chris!

The light tackle action didnt really get off the ground due to the weather once again but a few mucked around at times and we nailed some Longtails,Trout,Gold Spots and Red Throat.

Congrats to Domique Draux who nailed a 50kg fish the week after we left.If anyone deserved a big fish it was Dom.

There are heaps of photos from the trip so here is a few to start.

Will post some more in a separate post a bit later.
Sam Owen I feel it is time you came clean about that horrible thing you did on the sea plane...you may feel better once you get it off your plate.

Cheers,
Pete
Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:24:52 PM by Peter Morris

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Bugatti Trip 2011-Week 2
September 07, 2011, 02:47:09 PM
A few more shots....

And who could ever forget Paul Chan being inked by a squid straight in the crackers.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Michael Gamble

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
September 07, 2011, 07:35:11 PM
Great fish and photos Pete! Looks like you guys managed to make the most out of the mediocre conditions.

That combo Sam is using looks wicked...

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 07, 2011, 07:52:59 PM
isn't it yours?!

That combo Sam is using looks wicked...
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Michael Gamble

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
September 07, 2011, 09:15:15 PM
Yeah Brandon it is!

Just stirring Sam ;D

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
September 07, 2011, 09:56:54 PM
Love the pic of Paul with the spillage!!, you sure he didn't just get excited? I've heard he was quite partial to squid  ;) :-X

Chris Tan

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
September 08, 2011, 04:17:40 PM
Thanks for the write up Pete.

Thankfully we had a great group of guys, despite some awful weather. We were literally soaked to the gonads every day despite heavy rain gear and it was really funny to reach the Odyssey on the last day of our trip to see flat seas! Bloody hell!

That mackerel sure made my trip - took alot of line real quick and then started surfacing. Damon was saying it could be a marlin but it turned out to be a monster mackerel!

We saw some big GTs and I lost a couple of big ones to strange line breakages.....next time!

Unfortunately, my little accident turned out to be more serious than expected. Had to go for surgery to fix my broken finger - had 2 pins inserted and a bunch of Fg knotted stitches to be removed in a couple of weeks. And a few therapy sessions to try and use that finger again.

Some priceless moments for me

- seeing Kai in action. He sure knows when to fish.
- Paul getting inked.
- seeing those huge whales while doing that 50miles run to see the helipad
- the boats docked together like boat people on the last night of fishing
- having Richard's bbq steaks on the last night!

Hope to fish with you guys again someday!

Chris

Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:25:53 PM by Chris Tan

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 09, 2011, 08:07:25 AM

You left out what you did to Paul Chan after he cut your line!!

Thanks for the write up Pete.

Thankfully we had a great group of guys, despite some awful weather. We were literally soaked to the gonads every day despite heavy rain gear and it was really funny to reach the Odyssey on the last day of our trip to see flat seas! Bloody hell!

That mackerel sure made my trip - took alot of line real quick and then started surfacing. Damon was saying it could be a marlin but it turned out to be a monster mackerel!

We saw some big GTs and I lost a couple of big ones to strange line breakages.....next time!

Unfortunately, my little accident turned out to be more serious than expected. Had to go for surgery to fix my broken finger - had 2 pins inserted and a bunch of Fg knotted stitches to be removed in a couple of weeks. And a few therapy sessions to try and use that finger again.

Some priceless moments for me

- seeing Kai in action. He sure knows when to fish.
- Paul getting inked.
- seeing those huge whales while doing that 50miles run to see the helipad
- the boats docked together like boat people on the last night of fishing
- having Richard's bbq steaks on the last night!

Hope to fish with you guys again someday!

Chris
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Chris Tan

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
September 09, 2011, 09:16:35 AM
Ah yes...I nearly forgot about that. BODY SLAM!!!! :P

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 21, 2011, 10:23:07 AM
Great stuff, nice pictures Peter, really nice. Those shots of the reef from the air are absolutely out of control.

Ben Furness

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 21, 2011, 10:48:38 AM
Even a tough trip sounds amazing, I am going to have to get out on one of these trips even if it kills me!

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 21, 2011, 10:55:19 AM
Great stuff, nice pictures Peter, really nice. Those shots of the reef from the air are absolutely out of control.

Cheers Scott,

The polariser made a huge difference to those aerial shots......No reflections in the glass.

Pete

Robin Loi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 21, 2011, 11:11:06 AM
wow.. how i wished we had such awesome fishing here in singapore.. just by looking at the pictures was enough to give me a high! well done!

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
September 24, 2011, 04:01:15 PM
some insane pictures there and definetly some big fish..

Chris Tan

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
October 13, 2011, 09:24:38 PM
Finally managed to get some time out to do some videos.

Bugatti 2011

Monster Mackerel from Bugatti Reef

Gamma Magic