Topwater Caranx Ignobilis: Giant Trevally (GT) > Tackle & Techniques

Calstar 700h Vs Daiwa Saltiga SG Muramura 76

(1/2) > >>

Gary Samuel:
Hi,
Looking at either having a 700h made up or buying the Daiwa Saltiga SG Muramura 76 off the shelf. Will be used for heavy popping off the boat up to 60lb with Z6000GT. Difference in cost not huge however any comments on performance?

Thanks     

Jon Li:
Calstar blank is not what I would say a purposely designed for popping while Daiwa SG Mura Mura 76 is albeit it's not a popular popping rod by today's standard , 60 lbs. is considered " light medium " class when come to GT popping , some are using 170 lbs. PE12 Varivas line as the the " ultra heavy " class , nowaday .

Jon .

Sachin Chaudhry:
I have used both and find the Muramura to be a more powerful rod.

Matt Kilpatrick:
I recently purchased a Daiwa SG Muramura 76, which states on the label it is rated to use PE8, cast 100 ? 180 g and jig 270 ? 330 g. I have only used the rod once, to skull drag a mac tuna to the boat off Mooloolaba.  :) Does anyone have any comments about the suitability of this rod to cast lures to the stated weight? Also, would you regard this rod as being more suited to casting poppers or stick baits? Thanks.

Mick Cunningham:
matt you can use popper or stickbait on that rod as i have seen peter lowe used that rod at shoalwater bay trip and he mostly used popper..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version